The Edge Group helps knowledge producers (consulting firms, think tanks, financial services, corporate marketing) adapt their content for a modern audience.
We empower our clients in delivering smarter newsletters, data-driven content, and revamped content strategies to better meet the changing needs of their audience.
The Internal Information Newsletter
Define the topic, we give your company an edge
- White-labeled, Curated Newsletters
- Machine learning driven curation delivers sharp, relevant content.
- Sourced from internal publications, external articles, white-papers, posts, graphs, videos, even tweetstorms.
- Intelligent subject matter delivered in a modern professional tone.
- Keep your workforce in the know and ahead of the competition.
- Continuous evaluation of key metrics and feedback maximizes your newsletter’s effectiveness.
9 projects for consulting firm covering topics ranging from blockchain, IoT, futurism and ethical concerns in technology, digital marketing, risks facing the consulting industry, globalization and more.
THE EXTERNAL MARKETING NEWSLETTER
Solidify topical leadership with your audience
- Deliver our strategically curated content to your external audience, under your brand.
- Create a true media product, not just a marketing one.
- Become a topical habit for your readers.
- Be the name associated with insights into your industry. Be relied upon.
- Balance external content curation with proprietary content promotion.
- We work side-by-side with clients to deliver as much heavy lifting as they require.
Build two standalone media brands off of an existing events series. Newsletter lists grew from 0 to 5000+ and achieve significantly above-average metrics.
Leverage NLP and data science to build stories.
- Draw insights from your existing content archive and knowledge base.
- Compose data into coherent, engaging stories.
For the 100th edition of an Edge white-labeled newsletter on the blockchain, we ran an NLP analysis on all email and linked article text over the newsletter's lifetime.
NEWSLETTER AND CONTENT STRATEGY
One-time and Retainer Engagements to develop newsletter, and broader content strategy
- Whether you’re seeking to grow your newsletter audience or improve engagement, we’ll help you implement the right strategy.
- Learn how to better incorporate transactional and automated newsletter content into your broader offerings
- Training clients on how to integrate agile content creation processes into their marketing efforts.
- Evaluate opportunities to incorporate AI and Machine Learning into content creation and analytics efforts
Helped a client streamline the entire process behind ten distinct external newsletters. Revamped signup process, transactional communications, and incorporation of consistent brand elements.
Custom Analytics and Reporting
Dive deeper into your email data
- Look beyond simple open and click rates
- Train clients to use existing platforms better
- Create fully customized, regular reports
- Quarterly and Yearly deep dives
Connected a client's CRM data with their Email data, to develop an easy-to-use understanding of which priority targets were actively engaging with newsletter content.
DESIGN & CODING
It's not just a template; it's intelligent newsletter design
- Our user experience expertise combined with troves of analytical data allow us to leverage design to increase engagement, grow your audience, and establish your brand.
- Design captivating landing pages, and other email related web design to complement your newsletter.
Cultivate your Marketing Strategy through our Workshops and Presentations
- Half-day and Full-day workshops
- Covering concepts from general B2B newsletter marketing and analytics and to understanding intelligent content.
Past workshops include:
- “The 90 minute newsletter” - Working with a group to go from “idea to hitting send” in 90 minutes
- “Intelligent” Content: Current state of AI and NLP related to marketing and content
- B2B Knowledge in the Modern Era: How professional content is leveraging advances in technology, platform, and tone to better reach their target customers
how it works...
We work with the client to define potential topics, design the initial template and content structure, and rapidly create a newsletter prototype edition.
We have began with visions as broad as "The most powerful ideas in business" to subjects as narrow as "M&A in IoT".
Distribute the newsletter to a select internal group and begin collecting (mostly) qualitative and (a bit of) quantitative feedback.
This usually will last 3-4 editions as we revise content selection, structure and tone accordingly, while also addressing any management concerns.
Begin sending to entire team (if the newsletter is an internal information tool) or to external audience (for public-facing newsletters).
This is where quantitative feedback takes center stage.
Your newsletter should always be getting smarter.
The Edge Group also will provide custom services as needed, including designing landing pages, growth tactics, list size goals, or pursuing distribution partnerships.
The newsletter is just the beginning - we provide a number of other b2b content services. Please inquire to learn more!
- Ranjan Roy
Founder | CEO
Really loves great links. Also on a lifelong quest to build the perfect personal reading system.
- Geoff Whiting
Still brags about using the phrase "Rumble in the Blockchain Jungle" in a newsletter.
- Aleks Smechov
Believes that algorithms can significantly help (but not supplant) storytelling.
- Stephanie Seputra
One day will leverage her email superpowers to build a social enterprise back home in Indonesia.
- Braden Mugg
Backend Lead Engineer
Has proven you can build the systems that power global content from the mountains of Colorado.
- Matias Gallego
Mobile Lead Engineer
Would always take hybrid apps over native, except maybe when it comes to his new obsession, AR.
- Konstantin Antonov
He never met unstructured data he couldn't structure.
- Richard Tang
Has an unnatural love of the art of the cold email. Was also a champion fencer.
- Sava Stanovic
Stopped taking any web design clients to only focus on email. We're glad he did.
- Arne Uebel
Makes front-end development feel like an art form. Also once appeared in a Turkish rap video.